Based in Wilmington, DE, Christiana Care Health System is one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.
The not-for-profit, privately owned Christiana Care family of services includes two hospitals (Christiana Hospital, on a suburban campus south of the City of Wilmington, and Wilmington Hospital, in the downtown business district of Wilmington).
Christiana Care offers:
* More than 1,100 licensed hospital beds in two hospitals.
* A major regional Center for Heart & Vascular Health and the only Level-I trauma services on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Comprehensive, 24-hour emergency medical services at both hospitals.
* Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and a National Cancer Institute-designated Community Clinical Oncology Program.
* The Eugene du Pont Preventive Medicine & Rehabilitation Institute.
* 11 family or internal medicine satellite/physician offices.
* Home health care and infusion services through Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA).
* High school wellness centers throughout Delaware.
* Alzheimer's adult day care.
* Health care support services, such as physical therapy, medical imaging and laboratory facilities, and much more.